2020 George H.W. Bush P or D Mint Presidential Dollar Coin (UNC) - Brilliant Uncirculated
- Composed of 88.5% Copper, 6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese and 2% Nickel.
- Released December 4th, 2020 (41st release of the series).
- The obverse shows a portrait of the President's likeness, their name, the number in which president they were, and the years in which they served.
- The reverse features a Statue of Liberty design done by Don Everhart of the United States Mint, along with the words "United States of America" and "$1."
- These coins feature a lettered edge with the words "E Pluribus Unum," "In God We Trust," its year of mintage and its corresponding mint branch - (P) for Philadelphia or (D) for Denver.
- Sovereign coin backed by the United States government with a face value of $1.00.
George Herbert Walker Bush was born June 12, 1924, in Milton, Massachusetts. He enlisted in the U.S. Navy during World War II and was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and Navy Air Medal with two gold stars. After the war, he attended Yale University, graduating in 1948 with a degree in economics, and subsequently relocated to Texas with his wife Barbara and their eldest son George Walker.
Bush enjoyed a long public service career. He was a Member of Congress, Ambassador to the United Nations, and the Director of Central Intelligence before serving as Vice President from 1981 – 1989 and President from 1989 – 1993.
Highlights of his term as President include:
- Passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments to the Clean Air Act
- North American Free Trade Agreement negotiations
- “Points of Light” initiative to promote volunteerism and community service
- Persian Gulf War success
After leaving office, the former President continued his commitment to service and helped raise hundreds of millions of dollars for charity and other causes.
George H. W. Bush died on November 30, 2018, at the age of 94.
Select either 'P' - Philadelphia Mint, or 'D' - Denver Mint from the drop-down options menu located above.
All coins ship in protective plastic. Larger orders may ship in tubes.