2015 John F. Kennedy P or D Mint Presidential Dollar Coin (UNC) - Brilliant Uncirculated
- Composed of 88.5% Copper, 6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese and 2% Nickel.
- Released June 18th, 2015 (35th release of the series).
- The obverse shows a portrait of the President's likeness, their name, the number in which president they were, and the years in which they served.
- The reverse features a Statue of Liberty design done by Don Everhart of the United States Mint, along with the words "United States of America" and "$1".
- These coins feature a lettered edge with the words "E Pluribus Unum," "In God We Trust," its year of mintage and its corresponding mint branch - (P) for Philadelphia or (D) for Denver.
- Sovereign coin backed by the United States government with a face value of $1.00.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy served from 1961-1963 as the 35th President of the United States. He was born and raised in Massachusetts. Kennedy graduated from Harvard University and joined the U.S. Navy shortly after. He was deployed to the South Pacific and was injured when the patrol torpedo boat he commanded was rammed by an enemy warship. Kennedy long had numerous health problems as well as suffering grave injuries from the attack. He managed to save the surviving crew members and was awarded two medals for his heroism.
Kennedy then went on to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1947-1953 and then the U.S. Senate from 1953 to 1960. In September of 1953 Kennedy married Jacqueline Bouvier. They had two children, Caroline and John Kennedy Jr. In 1960 the Democratic Party nominated Kennedy as its candidate for the presidency. He won by a small margin and became the youngest man elected and the first Roman Catholic to hold the office. Kennedy served less than three years when he was assassinated on November 22, 1963 in Dallas, TX.
Kennedy was also an accomplished author, winning a Pulitzer Prize for his book, Profiles In Courage. While in college, he also penned and published, Why England Slept. During Kennedy's presidency there were many important events which included the first American manned space flight, the Bay of Pigs invasion, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the signing of the Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty and the establishment of the Peace Corps.
Select either 'P' - Philadelphia Mint, or 'D' - Denver Mint from the drop-down options menu located above.
All coins ship in protective plastic. Larger orders may ship in tubes.