2000 United States Proof Coin Set
- U.S. Mint Proof Coin Set housed in its original plastic holders, with mint issued box and Certificate of Authenticity!
- First year of production for the Sacajawea Dollar!
- Features 10 coins in total; a proof example of a 2000 Sacajawea Dollar, Kennedy Half Dollar, Roosevelt Dime, Jefferson Nickel and Lincoln Cent as well as proof examples of the 5 State Quarters released for the year as part of the Statehood Quarter program by the U.S. Mint!
- The 5 State Quarters released in 2000 were Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire and Virginia!
- Mintage of 3,082,572 sets.
- All coins were struck at the San Francisco Mint.
Proof coins are coins that are struck just for collectors. The U.S. Mint uses specially prepared planchets (blanks) and dies. The coins are struck at least twice to give them optimum detail!