2001 United States Proof Coin Set
- U.S. Mint Proof Coin Set housed in its original plastic holders, with mint issued box and Certificate of Authenticity!
- Features 10 coins in total; a proof example of a 2001 Sacajawea Dollar, Kennedy Half Dollar, Roosevelt Dime, Jefferson Nickel and Lincoln Cent as well as proof examples of the 5 State Quarters released for the year as part of the Statehood Quarter program by the U.S. Mint!
- The 5 State Quarters released in 2001 were New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Vermont and Kentucky!
- Mintage of 2,294,909 sets.
- All coins were struck at the San Francisco Mint.
Proof coins are coins that are struck just for collectors. The U.S. Mint uses specially prepared planchets (blanks) and dies. The coins are struck at least twice to give them optimum detail!