$5.00 Liberty Head Half Eagle Gold Coins - 1839-1908 - Extremely Fine / About UNC - Random Dates
- Extremely Fine / About Uncirculated Condition.
- Contains 0.24187 troy ounces pure gold.
- Known as $5.00 Liberty Head Gold Coins, or Half Eagles, they are composed of 90% gold and 10% copper.
- The obverse features a portrait of Lady Liberty wearing a coronet inscribed with her name, Liberty. Encircling her are 13 stars, 1 representing each of the 13 original colonies. The coin's date is also found on the front of the coin.
- The reverse features the words "United States of America" encircling an eagle design, along with the coin's denomination.
These coins were minted between 1839 and 1908 and at 7 different U.S. mint branches! The Philadelphia, Dahlonega, Charlotte, New Orleans, San Francisco, Carson City and Denver branches all minted these coins at one point during this popular and long lived series.
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and are determined by our current inventory on hand.