2016 United States Silver Proof Coin Set
- U.S. Mint Silver Proof Set housed in its original plastic holders, with mint issued packaging and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Includes all 3 of the Presidential Dollars released for the year, which was the final year of production for the series!
- Features 13 coins in total; a proof example of a 2016 Native American Dollar, Kennedy Half Dollar, Roosevelt Dime, Jefferson Nickel and Lincoln Cent as well as proof examples of the 5 America the Beautiful National Parks Quarters released for the year.
- The 5 ATB National Parks Quarters released in 2016 were Shawnee National Forest in Illinois, Cumberland Gap National Historical Park in Kentucky, Harpers Ferry National Historical Park in West Virginia, Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota and Fort Moultrie (Fort Sumter) National Monument in South Carolina. Each one of the ATB National Parks Quarters are composed of 90% Silver!
- The 3 Presidential Dollars released in 2016 were Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan! The United States Mint released coins only after a former President has passed away, so Jimmy Carter was not included in this year's set, leaving only 3 coins for the date.
- Both the Kennedy Half Dollar and Roosevelt Dime are composed of 90% Silver!
United States proof coins are extraordinarily brilliant, with sharp relief and a mirror-like background. Their frosted, sculpted foregrounds give them a special cameo effect. Proof blanks are specially treated, polished and cleaned to ensure high quality strikes. The blanks are then fed into presses fitted with hand-polished dies and struck at least twice to ensure sharp relief. The coins are then packaged in presentation cases to showcase and maintain their exceptional finish.