2009 United States Proof Coin Set
- U.S. Mint Proof Coin Set housed in its original plastic holders, with mint issued packaging and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Includes all 4 of the Presidential Dollars released for the year!
- Includes the 4 special issue 2009 Lincoln Cents.
- Features 18 coins in total; a proof example of the new 2009 Native American Dollar, Kennedy Half Dollar, Roosevelt Dime, Jefferson Nickel and the 4 new 2009 Lincoln Cents!
- The set also includes the 6 D.C. and U.S. Territories Clad Proof Quarters released in 2009! They include the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands.
- The 4 Presidential Dollars released in 2009 were William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, James Polk and Zachary Taylor!
- Mintage of 1,482,502 sets.
United States proof coins are extraordinarily brilliant, with sharp relief and a mirror-like background. Their frosted, sculpted foregrounds give them a special cameo effect. Proof blanks are specially treated, polished and cleaned to ensure high quality strikes. The blanks are then fed into presses fitted with hand-polished dies and struck at least twice to ensure sharp relief. The coins are then packaged in presentation cases to showcase and maintain their exceptional finish