2006 United States Silver Proof Coin Set
- U.S. Mint Silver Proof Coin Set housed in its original plastic holders, with mint issued box and Certificate of Authenticity!
- Includes the new "Return to Monticello" design for the Jefferson Nickel!
- Features 10 coins in total; a proof example of a 2006 Sacajawea Dollar, Kennedy Half Dollar, Roosevelt Dime, Jefferson Nickel and Lincoln Cent as well as proof examples of the 5 State Quarters released for the year as part of the Statehood Quarter program by the U.S. Mint!
- The 5 State Quarters released in 2006 were Nevada, Nebraska, Colorado, North Dakota and South Dakota! Each one of the State Quarters are composed of 90% Silver!
- Mintage of 1,054,008 sets.
- The Kennedy Half Dollar and Roosevelt Dime are both composed of 90% Silver!
Proof coins are coins that are struck just for collectors. The U.S. Mint uses specially prepared planchets (blanks) and dies. The coins are struck at least twice to give them optimum detail!