2007 Thomas Jefferson P or D Mint Presidential Dollar Coin (UNC) - Brilliant Uncirculated
- Composed of 88.5% Copper, 6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese and 2% Nickel.
- Released August 16th, 2007 (3rd release of the series).
- The obverse shows a portrait of the President's likeness, their name, the number in which president they were, and the years in which they served.
- The reverse features a Statue of Liberty design done by Don Everhart of the United States Mint, along with the words "United States of America" and "$1".
- These coins feature a lettered edge with the words "E Pluribus Unum," "In God We Trust," its year of mintage and its corresponding mint branch - (P) for Philadelphia or (D) for Denver.
- Sovereign coin backed by the United States government with a face value of $1.00.
Thomas Jefferson (April 13, 1743 - July 4, 1826) was the third President of the United States (1801-1809), the principal author of the Declaration of Independence (1776), and one of the most influential Founding Fathers for his promotion of the ideals of Republicanism in the United States. Major events during his presidency include the Louisiana Purchase (1803) and the Lewis and Clark Expedition (1804-1806).As a political philosopher, Jefferson was a man of the Enlightenment and knew many intellectual leaders in Britain and France. Jefferson supported the separation of church and state and was the author of the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom (1779, 1786). He was the co-founder and leader of the Democratic-Republican Party, which dominated American politics for a quarter-century. Jefferson served as the wartime Governor of Virginia (1779-1781), first United States Secretary of State (1789-1793) and second Vice President (1797-1801).A polymath, Jefferson achieved distinction as an horticulturist, statesman, architect, archaeologist, paleontologist, author, inventor and the founder of the University of Virginia, among other roles.
Select either 'P' - Philadelphia Mint, or 'D' - Denver Mint from the drop-down options menu located above.
All coins ship in protective plastic. Larger orders may ship in tubes.