Early 1800's French Napoleon I 20 Francs Gold Coin - Very Fine or Better Condition
- Contains .1867 oz of 90% Gold.
- Coins are in Very Fine or better condition.
- Earlier Head or "Laureate" style design, minted from 1803 to 1815.
- All coins come in protective plastic.
- The obverse shows a left facing portrait of Napoleon Bonaparte I.
- The reverse features the coin's denomination of 20 Francs inside of a laurel wreath, with the date listed below and "Empire Français" above.
Napoleon Bonaparte was considered an outsider even through the eyes of his own followers, yet he led France to its greatest period of historic influence. He stands in company of Alexander the Great as two of the most feared military commanders of all time. As a leader, Napoleon Bonaparte brought France to unprecedented heights of glory, only to see it all unravel due to his arrogance and hunger for even more power.
The French Napoleon 20 Franc commemorates all of Napoleon Bonaparte’s efforts as a world leader. This beautiful Gold coin from the early nineteenth century glorifies the monumental legacy of a man who continues to influence the world to this day.
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and are determined by our current inventory on hand.
Note: Some of the earliest of these coins are not dated using the normal Gregorian system. They were dated using the French Revolutionary Calendar system. This calendar began on September 22nd 1792, the date the French Republic started, though it was not actually used until November 24th 1793. The calendar was abolished on January 1st 1806. Coins dated using this system will have a date such as "AN 12."