2015 40 Coin Homestead Quarter Rolls - S Mint - (UNC) Brilliant Uncirculated
- Released on 2/9/2015.
- Every roll contains 40 coins in Brilliant UNC condition. Each roll comes in a plastic tube.
- Though these San Francisco Mint quarters were struck as Business Strikes, none were released for circulation, ensuring their desirability for years to come!
- The obverse shows a slightly modified version of the original Washington Quarter. The mint moved some of the wording previously found on the reverse to the obverse in order to make more room for the reverse design for each state. You'll find "United States of America," "In God We Trust," "Liberty," and "Quarter Dollar" all spelled out on the obverse of the quarter as well as the coin's mint mark.
- The reverse of the Homestead Quarter bears images of a log cabin, two corn stalks, and a water pump – each representing shelter, food and water, which was imperative to the success and survival of the homesteaders.
- The 5 National Parks Released in 2015 were Homestead National Monument of America in Nebraska, Kisatchie National Park in Louisiana, Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina, Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge in Delaware, and Saratoga National Historical Park in New York.
- Sovereign coins minted at the U.S. Mint and backed by the United States government, each with a face value of $0.25 for a total face value of $10.00 a roll.
Homestead National Monument of America in Nebraska commemorates the Homestead Act of 1862. The Act enabled settlers that were 21 years of age, or the head of the household, to claim a 160 acre parcel of land. In order to be granted the land patent, the settler had 5 years to successfully “Prove Up” which included living on the land, building a home, and farming.
The park expands through 211 acres and is set on some of the first acres of land claimed under the Homestead Act. It was authorized in March of 1936 but first registered as a historic place in October of 1966. Inside the park you will find the Homestead Heritage Center and Education Center, 100 acres of Tallgrass Prairie with over 2 miles of hiking trails, the Palmer-Epard Cabin, and the Freeman School.