1926 Sesquicentennial Commemorative Silver Half Dollar Coin - XF
- Commemorates the 150th Anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
- The obverse shows both Presidents Calvin Coolidge (who was President at the time) and our nation's first President, George Washington.
- The reverse features an image of the Liberty Bell.
- Each coin is in Extremely Fine condition.
- Mintage of 141,120 coins.
- All coins come in protective packaging.
This coin was the first of its kind. That is, it was the first to depict a living President (Calvin Coolidge, who was President at the time). It also features George Washington, our nation's first President. This coin was minted in 1926 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence and to help raise funds to hold a fair in Philadelphia to celebrate.