2003 U.S. Mint Coin Set
- Contains 20 total coins. Each in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- From the Philadelphia Mint: Five State Quarters (listed below) a Cent, Nickel, Dime, Half Dollar and Dollar.
- From the Denver Mint: Five State Quarters (listed below) a Cent, Nickel, Dime, Half Dollar and Dollar.
- All coins come in their original mint cellophane packaging with envelopes.
- Includes the "P" and "D" Mint Sacajawea Dollars, affectionately called the "Golden Dollar" although it contains no actual Gold!
- Mintage of 1,001,532 total sets!
1999 ushered in a new era for the United States Mint Set coin program. For the next 10 years, the mint would pay tribute to each state by honoring them with their own legal tender quarter! They would issue 5 states per year and produce them at both the Philadelphia and Denver Mints for the Mint Sets. Coins would be released in the same order with which the state joined the Union.
The State Quarters released in 2003 were: