$20.00 Liberty Head Gold Double Eagle Coins - 1850-1907 - About UNC - Random Dates
- About Uncirculated Condition.
- Contains 0.9675 troy ounces pure gold.
- Known as $20.00 Liberty Head Gold Double Eagle Coins, they are composed of 90% gold and 10% copper.
- The obverse features a portrait of Lady Liberty wearing a coronet inscribed with her name, Liberty. Encircling her are 13 stars, 1 representing each of the 13 original colonies. The coin's date is also found on the front of the coin.
- The reverse features the words "United States of America" encircling an eagle design, along with the coin's denomination.
These coins were minted between 1850 and 1907, and had 3 different variations to the design. The first design, minted from 1850-1866, did not include the motto "IN GOD WE TRUST" in the coin's design. In the second variation of the design, minted from 1866-1876, the motto was added to the coin's reverse, and its denomination of $20.00 was spelled out as "TWENTY D." on the reverse. The final design, used from 1877 until 1907, changed the spelling from "TWENTY D." to "TWENTY DOLLARS" on the coin's reverse.
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and are determined by our current inventory on hand.