1982 Washington Commemorative Silver Half Dollar Coin (Proof)
- Each coin is struck in 90% Silver.
- Comes complete with its box and certificate of authenticity.
- The obverse shows Washington in uniform on horseback.
- The reverse features "Mount Vernon" Washington's famous home.
- Sovereign coin backed by the United States government with a face value of $.50 (USD).
These 90% silver proof half dollars were struck in honor of the 250th anniversary of George Washington's birth. Minted in 1982, they were the first U.S. commemoratives issued since 1954!