1954-D Franklin Silver Half Dollar Coin - Choice Uncirculated Condition
- The obverse features a profile image of founding father Benjamin Franklin, designed by John R. Sinnock. You'll also find the coin's date, as well as the motto "IN GOD WE TRUST" and the word "LIBERTY" on the front of the coin.
- The reverse design shows an image of the Liberty Bell. This design is similar to the one featured on the 1926 Sesquicentennial Half Dollar, which was also designed by Sinnock. Next to the Liberty Bell you'll find an eagle, as well as the motto "IN GOD WE TRUST." Above it are the words "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" and below it is the coin's denomination.
- Mintage of 25,445,580 coins.
- Struck at the Denver Mint in 90% Silver.
- All coins grade MS-63 or higher!
The Franklin Half Dollar was quite popular and circulated widely, but its run was cut short after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and the subsequent introduction of the Kennedy Half Dollar honoring the slain president.
As the price of silver rose in the 1960's and skyrocketed in the late 1970's, millions of these coins were melted for their silver value.