1945 Mercury Silver Dime Coin - Choice Uncirculated Condition
- Designed by Adolph Weinman.
- The obverse features a young Liberty, wearing a winged Phrygian Cap. Also on the obverse is the coin's date, the word "LIBERTY" and the motto "IN GOD WE TRUST."
- The reverse design shows an olive branch surrounding a fasces - a bundle of wood around an axe with its blade emerging from above. You'll also find the coin's denomination, the motto "E PLURIBUS UNUM" and "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" inscribed on the back of the coin.
- Mintage of 159,130,000 coins.
- Struck at the Philadelphia Mint in 90% Silver.
- All coins grade MS-63 or higher!
The Mercury Dime was minted from 1916-1945. Though these coins have long been referred to as Mercury Dimes, the design is not actually that of the mythical Roman god Mercury, but rather that of a winged headed Liberty.