1964 20 Coin 90% Silver Kennedy Half Dollar Coin - Choice to Gem Uncirculated Condition
- 1964 was the first year for the Kennedy half and the last year that 90% silver coins were released for circulation, making these the only 90% silver Kennedy halves to be put into general circulation (1965-1970 Kennedys were struckin 40% silver.)
- Though far from rare, original unopened rolls such as these are becoming hard to find in any quantity.
- Struck at the Philadelphia Mint in 90% Silver.
- Each of these 1964 Kennedy Half Dollars will have a minimal amount of contact marks.
- All coins grade MS-63 or higher!
Intended as a memorial to the assassinated President John F. Kennedy, these coins were authorized by Congress just over a month after his death. The coins were released into circulation in April 1964 and proved to be extremely popular with collectors and those wanting a memento of President JFK.