2023 Great Britain 2 oz Silver Royal Tudor Coin - The Yale of Beaufort - Gem Uncirculated Condition
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- All coins come in protective plastic. Multiples of 10 ship in original mint tubes.
- The obverse shows inscriptions including 5 Pounds, Elizabeth II, and D.G. Reg. F.D. along with the portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse, created by David Lawrence, the design showcases the Yale of Beaufort, a peculiar beast inspired by European folklore. Lawrence's design is based upon the original stone beast at Hampton Court Palace.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government with a face value of £5 (5 Pounds). Struck in .9999 fine Silver.
The Royal Tudor Beasts Collection
With the completion of their popular The Queen’s Beasts Series, The Royal Mint has once again undertaken a collection to celebrate England's royal heritage: The Royal Tudor Beasts Series. This time around, The Royal Mint is focusing on the heraldic beasts that were prominent during Henry VIII’s reign. The beasts will include The Seymour Panther, The Lion of England, The Bull of Clarence, The Tudor Dragon, The Greyhound of Richmond, The Royal Dragon, The Yale of Beaufort, The Seymour Unicorn, The Queen's Panther and The Queen's Lion.
2023 GB 2 oz Silver Royal Tudor Beasts - The Yale of Beaufort
The Yale of Beaufort, a beast that is so extraordinary it would have inspired awe in all who approached the palace, due to its antelope-like body, lion's tail, and tusks of a boar. The peculiar beast was associated with the powerful Beaufort family, and the Yale of Beaufort Moat Bridge was presented holding the Arms of Jane Seymour to reinforce her authority and influence as the king's new wife.