2020 Great Britain 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin - Gem Uncirculated Condition
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- All coins come in protective plastic. Multiples of 25 ship in original mint tubes.
- The obverse shows inscriptions including 2 Pounds, Elizabeth II, and D.G. Reg. F.D. along with the portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse features inscriptions including 2020, 1 oz .999 Fine Silver, and Britannia. The design is the same that has been used since the first Gold Britannias were issued in 1987. A female embodiment of Great Britain, know as Britannia, holds Poseidon's trident in one hand and an olive branch with the “Union Jack” shield in the other. She also wears a Corinthian Helmet and appears ready for battle.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government with a face value of £2 (2 Pounds). Struck in .999 fine Silver.
Since 1987, the Royal Mint of Great Britain has been issuing Coins with what is known as the Britannia design introduced by sculptor Philip Nathan. The Silver Britannia was first minted in 1997 in a Silver Proof Set, prior to 1997, only Gold Britannias were issued.