2020 Australian 1 oz Silver Koala Coin - Gem Uncirculated Condition
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Every coin arrives in its original plastic capsule, just as they come from the Perth Mint.
- The obverse features the inscriptions "ELIZABETH II," "AUSTRALIA" and "1 DOLLAR," along with the well known image of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Jody Clark.
- The reverse features a koala clutching onto a tree branch. Inscriptions include"2020," "AUSTRALIAN KOALA," "1 oz 9999 SILVER" and the "P" Perth Mint Mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government with a face value of $1.00 (AUD). Struck in .9999 fine Silver!
- Mintage limit of 300,000 coins!
The Perth Mint is known for many popular coin series including the Silver Koala, Kangaroo, and Kookaburra. The Koala is a marsupial animal and not a bear, as commonly thought and is native to only Australia. The Koala coin series began in 2007 and in 2018, the mint changed the Silver fineness in the Koala series from .999 to .9999. Given their yearly popularity and limited mintage, these coins are sure to be in demand once again. Grab one today from MintProducts!