2019 5 oz Silver ATB River of No Return Wilderness Coin - Gem Brilliant UNC
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin is in Gem Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Fifth release in the popular America the Beautiful 5 oz series for 2019, and the 4th release overall in the 56 coin series which began in 2010.
- All coins come in Direct Fit Air-Tite capsules. Multiples of 10 ship in original mint tubes.
- The obverse features a portrait of George Washington along with the inscriptions "United States of America," "Liberty," "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- The reverse features a depiction of an adventurer in a boat on the Salmon River surrounded by trees and rocks. Other details of the reverse include the inscriptions "River of No Return Wilderness," “Idaho,” “2019” and “E Pluribus Unum.”
- The 5 National Parks Released in 2019: Lowell National Historical Park in Massachusetts, American Memorial Park in the Northern Mariana Islands, War in the Pacific National Historical Park in Guam, San Antonio Missions National Historical Park in Texas, and Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho.
- These large 5 ounce coins are guaranteed by the U.S. Mint and have a diameter of 3 inches!
The Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area in Idaho is one of the largest contiguous dedicated wilderness spaces at over 2.3 million acres in size and is a popular spot for whitewater river rafting, fishing, hiking, camping, and boating. The area consists of Salmon River, several mountain ranges including the Clearwater Mountains, the Bighorn Crags, and Salmon River Mountains, and multiple national forests including the Paette National Forest, Challis National forest, Salmon National Forest, Boise National Forest, Bitterroot National Forest, and Nez Perce National Forest. It was established in January of 1980 and renamed in 1984 to honor Senator Frank Church, who introduce legislation to help preserve the area.