2014-P 5 oz Burnished Great Sand Dunes ATB Silver Coin
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- The coin comes encapsulated inside of it's government issued packaging, accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
- The obverse shows a portrait of George Washington. You'll find "United States of America," "In God We Trust," "Liberty," and "Quarter Dollar" all spelled out on the obverse of the coin as well as the 'P' mint mark.
- The reverse of the coin depicts a child and his father playing in the sand at a creek bed with the picturesque sand dunes in the background. You'll also find the motto "E Pluribus Unum" on the reverse of the coin, its year of release, as well as the name of the park and the name of the state in which it resides.
- The 5 National Parks Released in 2014 were Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee, Shenandoah National Park in Virginia, Arches National Park in Utah, Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado, and Everglades National Park in Florida.
- Sovereign coin minted at the U.S. Mint and backed by the United States government with a face value of $0.25.
The Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve in Colorado was originally established in 1932, then expanded to a National Park and Preserve in 2000-2004. The park is made up of 149,137 acres of high peaks of dessert sand, the Sangre de Cristo and San Juan Mountains and dozens of streams and creeks.