2014 Franklin D. Roosevelt P or D Mint Presidential Dollar Coin (UNC) - Brilliant Uncirculated
- Composed of 88.5% Copper, 6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese and 2% Nickel.
- Released August 28th, 2014 (32nd release of the series).
- The obverse shows a portrait of the President's likeness, their name, the number in which president they were, and the years in which they served.
- The reverse features a Statue of Liberty design done by Don Everhart of the United States Mint, along with the words "United States of America" and "$1."
- These coins feature a lettered edge with the words "E Pluribus Unum," "In God We Trust," its year of mintage and its corresponding mint branch - (P) for Philadelphia or (D) for Denver.
- Sovereign coin backed by the United States government with a face value of $1.00.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt served as the thirty-second president of the United States from 1933-1945. Nicknamed, FDR, he was the first President to serve four terms in office. Roosevelt was born in Hyde Park, NY in January of 1882 to James Roosevelt I and Sara Ann Delano. His education extended from Groton School (an Episcopal Boarding School), to Harvard College (where he graduated with an A.B. in History), to Columbia Law School (where he dropped out after passing the New York State Bar Exam). He began working for a firm on Wall Street dealing in corporate law in 1908. However, like his fifth cousin President Theodore Roosevelt, whom he greatly admired and thought of as a role model, he wanted to venture into politics and public service. His political career began in 1910 as a New York State Senator. Before presidency he also served as chairman of the Agriculture Committee, Assistant Secretary of the Navy, and Governor of New York, He was elected President in 1933 during the Great Depression. As President, Roosevelt led major legislation changes and instituted the New Deal which constituted of a variety of relief and reform programs, some of which are still in use today. Many scholars deem FDR as one of the top three Presidents of the United States.
In his personal life, Roosevelt was married to Anna Eleanor Roosevelt in 1905 and had six children. He combated many illnesses through his life including typhoid, the flu, and more notably polio. He died in April of 1945 from a cerebral hemorrhage.
Select either 'P' - Philadelphia Mint, or 'D' - Denver Mint from the drop-down options menu located above.
All coins ship in protective plastic. Larger orders may ship in tubes.