2011 America the Beautiful Silver Quarters Proof Coin Set
- 2011 marked the second year of the America the Beautiful National Parks Quarters program by the U.S. Mint!
- The 5 National Parks Released in 2011 were Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania, Glacier National Park in Montana, Olympic National Park in Washington, Vicksburg National Military Park in Mississippi and Chickasaw National Recreation Area in Oklahoma.
- Features a Choice Proof or better condition example of each coin.
- All coins were struck at the San Francisco Mint. Each coin is composed of 90% Silver!
- Comes housed in its government issued packaging with Certificate of Authenticity.
United States proof coins are extraordinarily brilliant, with sharp relief and a mirror-like background. Their frosted, sculpted foregrounds give them a special cameo effect. Proof blanks are specially treated, polished and cleaned to ensure high quality strikes. The blanks are then fed into presses fitted with hand-polished dies and struck at least twice to ensure sharp relief. The coins are then packaged in presentation cases to showcase and maintain their exceptional finish!