2011 40 Coin Vicksburg Quarter Rolls - P or D Mint - (UNC) Brilliant Uncirculated
- Released on 8/29/2011.
- Every roll contains 40 coins in Brilliant UNC condition. Each roll comes in a plastic tube.
- The obverse shows a slightly modified version of the original Washington Quarter. The mint moved some of the wording previously found on the reverse to the obverse in order to make more room for the reverse design for each state. You'll find "United States of America," "In God We Trust," "Liberty," and "Quarter Dollar" all spelled out on the obverse of the quarter as well as the coin's mint mark.
- The reverse of the Vicksburg National Park quarter depicts the Iron clad warship U.S.S. Cairo steaming up the Yazoo River.
- The 5 National Parks Released in 2011 were Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania, Glacier National Park in Montana, Olympic National Park in Washington, Vicksburg National Military Park in Mississippi and Chickasaw National Recreation Area in Oklahoma.
- Sovereign coins minted at the U.S. Mint and backed by the United States government, each with a face value of $0.25 for a total face value of $10.00 a roll.
Select either 'P' - Philadelphia Mint, or 'D' - Denver Mint from the drop-down options menu located above.
Vicksburg National Park commemorates one of the pivotal battles of the Civil War. The surrender of Vicksburg coupled with the fall of Port Hudson, La., split the South, giving control of the Mississippi River to the North.