2008 United States Silver Proof Coin Set
- U.S. Mint Silver Proof Set housed in its original plastic holders, with mint issued packaging and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Includes all 4 of the Presidential Dollars released for the year!
- Final year of production for the Statehood Quarter program.
- Features 14 coins in total; a proof example of a 2008 Sacajawea Dollar, Kennedy Half Dollar, Roosevelt Dime, Jefferson Nickel and Lincoln Cent as well as proof examples of the 5 State Quarters released for the year.
- The 5 State Quarters released in 2008 were Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska and Hawaii! Each one of the State Quarters are composed of 90% Silver!
- The 4 Presidential Dollars released in 2008 were James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson and Martin van Buren!
- Mintage of 763,887 sets.
- The Kennedy Half Dollar and Roosevelt Dime are both composed of 90% Silver!
Proof coins are coins that are struck just for collectors. The U.S. Mint uses specially prepared planchets (blanks) and dies. The coins are struck at least twice to give them optimum detail!