Indian Princess Head (Large) Type 3 U.S. Gold Dollar - 1856-1889 - About UNC - Random Dates
- About Uncirculated Condition.
- Weight of 1.672 grams and diameter of 15mm.
- Known as Large Head Indian Princess Head Gold Coins, they are composed of 90% gold and 10% copper.
- The obverse features the Large Indian Head Princess design.
- The reverse features the date and denomination enclosed by a full wreath.
- The obverse and reverse are designed by James Barton Longacre whom is known for the Indian Cent Design. This coin, the U.S. $3 Gold Piece, and the Indian Cent all share nearly the same reverse.
This long lived large head Indian Princess gold series was struck at four different mints beginning in 1856, with production coming to an end in 1889. Similar design one dollar gold coins were issued earlier, starting in 1849.
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and are determined by our current inventory on hand.