1 oz Silver - Icons of Route 66 Highway Shield Series - California - Santa Monica Pier
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a Route 66 Highway Shield shaped plastic capsule. Each shield is in new condition.
- The obverse shows Route 66 heading towards Santa Monica Ferris Wheel. Inscriptions include CALIFORNIA and SANTA MONICA PIER.
- The reverse features the classic Route 66 Road Sign design along with the weight and purity.
- Each piece is guaranteed by MintProducts.
Looking to stack some silver that has some nostalgia and Americana attached to it? Then look no further! The Icons of Route 66 Silver Shields Series will take you on a trip through 8 states from Illinois to California. Whether you've traveled along Rt. 66 yourself, or have just heard stories and watched television shows, they're sure to add some history and American culture to your collection!
This Santa Monica Pier release is the 8th in a series of 8. The last and final release is the state of California, the last one on the route. Previous releases represented iconic stops along the famous highway, known as Main Street of America and included the Gemini Giant (Illinois), the Gateway Arch (Missouri), the Rainbow Arch Bridge (Kansas), the Round Barn (Oklahoma), Cadillac Rance (Texas), and the Dinosaur Museum (New Mexico).
Here we are, the last state on Route 66 - California! From the start of Route 66 in Chicago, Illinois, you would have traveled 2,448 miles to get to the Santa Monica Pier, the official end of the route, where there's an end of trail sign. On the pier you can enjoy a water side meal, amusement park rides, the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, and various souvenir shops.
We've been on a historic journey learning about and admiring some of the tourist attractions through 1 oz Silver Shields and we hope you've enjoyed it as much as we have!